Me in 10 seconds
I now do mostly analytics engineering at Sundial.so.
I’ve worked in Machine Learning for almost ~5 years, and have written a book on Natural Language Processing. Dr. Andrew Ng recommends my work to his CS230 students at Stanford. My blogs have been appreciated by Noble Laureate Dr. Paul Romer.
I live in Bengaluru, but grew up in Surat, Gujarat.
This is a book for programmers to add NLP to their skillset. Written with code examples and programmer-first mindset. It has sold 1k+ copies mostly in US and UK.
Papers and Open Source Contributions
Hinglish: github, paper focussed on code-mixed languages was published in ACL 2019.
Awesome Project Ideas - Curated list of machine learning (mostly deep learning) project ideas with datasets. These ideas range from Vision, Text, Forecasting to Recommender Systems
Awesome NLP Curated list of Natural Language Processing Resources. I’ve been the Primary Maintainer for Awesome-NLP
- Recommended by Dr. Andrew Ng’s (Stanford) CS 230
- Featured in Github’s Official Machine Learning Collection since 2016 and
State of the Art Language Modeling in Hindi + new datasets, check the code here at hindi2vec
Comparative Study of Preprocessing and Classification Methods in Character Recognition of Natural Scene Images. In: Machine Intelligence and Signal Processing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 390. Springer, New Delhi (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-2625-3_11
- Fifth Elephant MLOps Conf 2021: Slides
- PyCon India 2019: Slides and Youtube
- inMobi Tech Talks: A Nightmare on the LM Street; Slides
- Wingify DevFest: NLP for Indian Languages; Slides, Youtube
- PyData Bengaluru Inaugral Talk: Quiz Generation with spaCy; Youtube
Web Mentions - My 5 minutes of Internet fame
Top 1% Podium finish at Microsoft AI Challenge 2018
Search and Informational Retrieval Ranking Challenge hosted by Bing AI Team (2019)
Won the Kaggle Kernel Prize (2019)
Exploratory Programming Notes found helpful by Nobel Laureate (2018)
- Tips, Tricks, Best Practices for working with Jupyter Notebook’s was appreciated by Economics Nobel Laureate 2018 Dr. Paul Romer:
Hackathons and Press
FactorDaily’s piece on The great rush to data sciences in India ends with a direct quote from me.
- FactorDaily is a new age news company which sits at the intersection of technology with life, culture and society in India.
First Runner’s Up at the Future Group Datathon (March 2019)
- Two stage Machine Learning hackathon called Tathastu, working on recommendation systems and item information extraction problems
Opened AI Hackathon (2019)
- Awesome NCERT won the Best use of IBM Watson API; blog
- Idea: Find recent+relevant news articles against any NCERT chapter in sciences and social studies