Me in 10 seconds
Most recently, I built the ML stack and team at Verloop.io from 0 to 1 as the Founding ML Engineer.
I’ve been doing NLP (Natural Language Processing) for a bit, and did Computer Vision before. Have some exposure to Document Search, Embedded ML and Predictive Analytics before.
I’ve written a book about NLP. Some of my work is recommended by Stanford CS 230 and my blogs found useful by Nobel Laureates.
I now live in the Silicon Valley of India: Bengaluru, but grew up in Surat, Gujarat.
Meant primarily for programmers to add NLP sugar to their skillset. Written with code examples and programmer-first mindset. Available on Amazon and other select book stores.
Code is also on Github
- Fifth Elephant MLOps Conf: Slides
- PyCon India 2019: Slides and Youtube
- inMobi Tech Talks: A Nightmare on the LM Street; Slides
- Wingify DevFest: NLP for Indian Languages; Slides, Youtube
- PyData Bengaluru Inaugral Talk: Quiz Generation with spaCy; Youtube
Open Source Contributions
Awesome Project Ideas - Curated list of machine learning (mostly deep learning) project ideas with datasets. These ideas range from Vision, Text, Forecasting to Recommender Systems
Awesome NLP Curated list of Natural Language Processing Resources.
I’ve been the Primary Maintainer for Awesome-NLP
* Recommended by Dr. Andrew Ng's (Stanford) CS 230
* Featured in Github's Official Machine Learning [Collection](https://github.com/collections/machine-learning) since 2016 and
- State of the Art Language Modeling in Hindi + new datasets, check the code here at hindi2vec
Web Mentions - My 5 minutes of Internet fame
Top 1% Podium finish at Microsoft AI Challenge 2018
Search and Informational Retrieval Ranking Challenge hosted by Bing AI Team (2019)
Won the Kaggle Kernel Prize (2019)
Exploratory Programming Notes found helpful by Nobel Laureate (2018)
- Tips, Tricks, Best Practices for working with Jupyter Notebook’s was appreciated by Economics Nobel Laureate 2018 Dr. Paul Romer:
Hackathons and Press
FactorDaily’s piece on The great rush to data sciences in India ends with a direct quote from me.
- FactorDaily is a new age news company which sits at the intersection of technology with life, culture and society in India.
First Runner’s Up at the Future Group Datathon (March 2019)
- Two stage Machine Learning hackathon called Tathastu, working on recommendation systems and item information extraction problems
Opened AI Hackathon (2019)
- Awesome NCERT won the Best use of IBM Watson API; blog
- Idea: Find recent+relevant news articles against any NCERT chapter in sciences and social studies