Inaugural Speaker at PyData Bangalore
- Talk: Quiz Generation with spaCy; video
First Runner’s Up at the Future Group Datathon
- Two stage Machine Learning hackathon called Tathastu, working on recommendation systems and item information extraction problems (March 2019)
- Judged by a jury from Palantir and Future Group Consumer & Data Lab
- inMobi Tech Talks: A Nightmare on the LM Street; Slides
- Wingify DevFest: NLP for Indian Languages; Slides, Youtube
NLP in Python: Quickstart Guide
Authored a Book for Programmers to Brew NLP Recipes (Jan 2019)
- Written with code examples and programmer-first mindset. Try it out yourself on Github
- Includes Text Embedding, Linguistics 101, Ensemble Modeling, Chatbots with small data, ML and Deep learning for text classification using tools like spaCy, PyTorch, & gensim.
- Published in US, UK and India
Won the Kaggle Kernel Prize
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to NLP in spaCy won the first ever NLP themed Kaggle Kernel award. I won a free licensed copy of Prodi.gy worth $390 with it, and $500 in cash.
Best of Jupyter
Programming Notes found helpful by Nobel Laureate
Tips, Tricks, Best Practices for working with Jupyter Notebook’s was appreciated by Economics Nobel Laureate 2018 :
“…, this looks very helpful” - Dr. Paul Romer on Twitter
International FastAI Part 2 v2 Fellowship 2018 & 2019
- Selected to be among the ~500 International Fellows attending the Advanced Deep Learning Course by fastAI Live
- Achieved State of the Art Language Modeling in Hindi hindi2vec as part of the work done during the fellowship
Opened AI Hackathon
- Won the Best use of IBM Watson API at the Opened.ai Hackathon
- Idea: Find recent+relevant news articles against any NCERT chapter in sciences and social studies
Featured in the Press
FactorDaily’s piece on The great rush to data sciences in India ends with a direct quote from me. FactorDaily is a new age news company which sits at the intersection of technology with life, culture and society in India.
SoTA Language Modeling Results for Hindi
- State of the Art Language Modeling in Hindi + new datasets based on ULimFit
- Code here at hindi2vec
- Curated list of machine learning (mostly deep learning) project ideas with datasets with 1.5k+ stars
- Ideas range from Vision, Text, Forecasting to Recommender Systems.