Generative AI Group Chat: Resources, Hackathons, and Model Discussions
- Group chat transcript on Generative AI
- Chaotic discussion on various topics
- Link to a post on what transformers are
- Cohere has two of the best ML content creators
- List of top AI-themed newsletters shared
- 42papers.com recommended
- Ben’s Bites newsletter recommended
- Invitation to join a team in Warpspeed GenAI hackathon
- Discussion on making GPT2 or BLOOM model outputs consistent
- Two ways to make it deterministic: setting temp=0 or setting seeds
- Pro tip to pursue this line of reasoning and gain first-hand experience
Visual Aesthetic Scoring
- Discussion on AVA dataset and image dataset curation methods
- Link to a space on huggingface for aesthetic predictor
- Use of clip interrogator to score generated captions
- Hallucination and determinism are not related
- Visual aesthetic scoring is largely a final layer problem
- Discussion on the limitations of the model
- Request for good library references to create datasets for LLMs
- Discussion on creating a dataset based on few hand-written examples
- Suggestion to check the terms of service for commercial use
- Discussion on using a visual QA model to identify errors in a picture
- Workflow suggestion to detect errors in the image and fix them using models finetuned on those datasets
- Suggestion to use Andrew Ng’s landing.ai for the task
- Discussion on using multiscale patches and CLIP to check similarity with the prompt
- Discussion on usable finance GPT
- Bloomberg GPT is expensive
- OpenBB is an open-source alternative to Bloomberg terminal
- Discussion on autonomous agents space
- Link to a beginner’s guide to autonomous agents
- GitHub repository for a simpler and no dependencies solution
The description and link can be mismatched because of extraction errors.
- https://huggingface.co/spaces/mosaicml/mpt-7b-chat: This link leads to a post on Hugging Face’s website that explains what transformers are for beginners and those who want to deepen their understanding of the topic.
- Check out 42papers.com for some interesting content. However, be aware that it may be similar to Twitter, with much of the content already coming from https://twitter.com/_akhaliq. Here are some useful links I’ve found:
- https://huggingface.co/spaces/Geonmo/laion-aesthetic-predictor: Suggested as a tool to use for generating a score for a generated caption.
- https://github.com/mosaicml/llm-foundry/tree/main/scripts/eval: The message in the same link as the URL mentions the need for a standard that everyone can use and expresses hope that HELM becomes that standard. The context of the URL is unclear.
- https://landing.ai/ - suggested as a potential solution for a workflow involving multiple models for a task that may be difficult for a single model to handle.
- https://llava.hliu.cc/ - Someone in the group was asking if anyone had experience finetuning GPT with Yahoo Finance. In response, someone shared a link to an open source alternative to Bloomberg terminal called OpenBB and mentioned that they released a blog on how to train on their documentation to get the appropriate OpenBB command.
- https://www.mattprd.com/p/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-autonomous-agents: A beginner’s guide to autonomous agents that the speaker is starting to look into.
- https://github.com/dosco/minds: The speaker mentions that they have built something similar to this link for themselves, which is much simpler and has no dependencies.