Exploring Language Models, AI Tools, and Productivity
Language Models and Datasets
- Discussion on why language models have a cut off in 2021, including GPT-4
- Training involves curating a dataset which is time-consuming
- Cleaning and wrangling data takes a lot of effort
- Some open source datasets are available
- GPT-4 paper might have the dataset details, but was disappointing
- Model has access to data from 2022, but official position is that the data has a cutoff date in 2021
AI Tools and Applications
- Discussion on the performance of AI tools for large scale searches
- Pinecone is recommended for specific vector databases
- ChatGPT-3 Whatsapp bot can summarise videos, transcribe voice notes, answer text questions, and generate images using /image
- Replit.com will be sponsoring a hackathon
- Positive feedback on an impressive YouTube video
- Interest in using productivity tools
- Discussion on the quirks of language models
The description and link can be mismatched because of extraction errors.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhDnaqhnd4 - The message expresses appreciation for something impressive and asks a question about language models cutting off in 2021.
- https://www.springboard.com/blog/data-science/machine-learning-gpt-3-open-ai/ : This link leads to a blog post about open source datasets related to machine learning, and mentions that the Gpt-4 paper might have details about the datasets, but the paper was disappointing.