Exploring Hackathon Ideas and Language Model Developments
- Discussion about a thread of hackathon ideas and similarities to their own hackathon
- Political action project was the first thing they sold to a client back in 2022
- Creators of the thread haven’t been mentioned, but can tweet to Joseph or @swyx to ask
- Mention of knowing @swyx from the react world because of a talk
- Variety of chatbots in their hackathon
- Discussion about problems with limiting output length
- Question about changing length units to token instead of characters
- Recommended way to do this is to use Guardrails and turn on re-ask
- Mention of Guardrails creator doing a demo at their hackathon venue
- Link to Guardrails GitHub page
- Mention of Indians no longer playing catch up in the tech world
Kor and Guardrails
- Discussion about Kor being a general purpose parser for any text/schema
- Confusion about why the schema format in Guardrails is not the same as the output format
- Balancing language/lib design POV
- Resizing prompts work well when input and output language is English
- BPE tokeniser is notoriously unstable for CJK and Indian languages
- Prompt engineering is like casting a spell
- Suggestion to tweet and tag OpenAI folks for more information on GPT4
GPT4 and GPT3
- Discussion about customers raising support tickets for being fooled about GPT4 access
- Suggestion to improve with a system prompt
- Chat models are instruction finetuned, sanitised and scaled forks of large base models
- Suggestion to have GPT3.5-Turbo claim to be GPT4
- Discussion about interesting new research on generative agents
- Enthusiastic reporting on the topic
Midjourney and Kandisky 2.1
- Discussion about Midjourney being exclusively on Discord and suggestion to wait or pay for premium
- Mention of a new model Kandisky 2.1 available on dreamlike.art
- They provide daily credits as of now
- Quick compare table for comparing various models
- Question about any image-creation tool that accepts looking into a website design for reference
- Question about friends or acquaintance artists working with LoRA
- Mention of Vignesh being quite nice and giving great advice for job hunting in Leuven
- Thank you messages to Nirant and Sid
The description and link can be mismatched because of extraction errors.
- Here is a YouTube link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xxziIWmaSA&t=1079s) to a thread discussing Hackathon ideas, including some that were similar to those seen at a previous hackathon.
- The URL is not provided in the given text.
- https://github.com/ShreyaR/guardrails - The message emphasizes that Indians are no longer playing catch up, despite the author’s physical state.
- https://youtu.be/wHiOKDlA8Ac - Interesting new research on Generative Agents, with enthusiastic reporting. The message also asks for suggestions on how to try out Midjourney, as the Discord is currently at full capacity.